Thursday, August 4, 2011

@Helen, Week 1 Free post


Post
Wow...Week 1...is already done...
My brain is going crazy! I cannot stop talking to people about copyright laws because I was soooo unaware of it...You would think that it being so scary that we would know more about it...
It is really crazy to think about how many people are disobeying this law of copyright and are just simply unaware of it...I talked to Mr. Bustillos more about it and he said that we would be talking more about it this next week but I feel that my brain is sooo overloaded with this that it makes me scared of what our future holds and how these people posting videos on YouTube every 2 seconds needs to be aware of this. 
Commenting on Cheryl's post really made me realize things that are right in front of you....resources and people that you have made connections with that can make us into more educated people. I really push my own students to use their resources...google, wikispaces, the web, and the people around them....and I need to realize that too...How did I not know about these ideas or thoughts when I see my librarian at my school on a daily basis?! It really makes me question myself with how opened my eyes really are....
This week just flew by and I had also already started our reading and I must say...I hate reading but the book is really good...(sorry to be a spoiler if you haven't started yet). I am really looking forward to what this class has to offer and what is to happen in the weeks and days to come. 

Response

@Helen,
I am with you, I cannot believe week one is done either. I also agree 100% that we do not take advantage of the talent that is right in front of us, librarians, art teachers, English teachers, etc… Cheryl is amazing, I feel some of the best work I have done came out of collaborations with colleagues or students. Thank you Cheryl and Marcos. I did look over the textbook a little as well and I think we’re going to have a good month.

No comments:

Post a Comment