Thursday, August 25, 2011

Response to Edwin’s WK 4-Think out Loud 1 Leadership Presentation


Edwin Moy Posted:
Week 4 and thinking about a paper or creating a presentation for publishing.  With my back ground writing is not the path I would chose if ever given an option, so presentation is the path that I will be heading down as week 4 and month 12 approach.

In reviewing choices to submit I searched for conferences that were excepting submissions during the time frame of the EMDT program.  I started thinking about not looking at conferences geared towards solely teachers, but in thinking about the book The Art of Possibility I didn't want to limit and start a downward spiral of thinking so I looked at most sites.  EduComm is excepting submissions and will be located in Las Vegas next year.  The location was a factor but they are have a leadership category for presentations and I think my project would be geared towards that audience.

Now that the conference submission has been decided I guess it's time to get to work on the presentation.


                                                       Nate Stemple giving a presentation on communicating with signal flags
                                                       Photo by Richard Stemple

My Response:
I love your picture and your quote, this could be a chapter in the Art of Possibility. “ If you look high enough you can see your thoughts”, awesome, I wonder if anyone else could see my thoughts to? I thought I would love to publish some of my research, however I have to agree with you that not everybody’s strength is writing. I think a lot of us as teachers will find that presenting the research will prove to be a more logical choice since we spend most of our day presenting educational material already. I specially like the fact the found a conference in Las Vegas. I was excited for Heidi because she had found a conference in Austin Texas, however now I’m just jealous of you because you found a conference in Vegas. I’m sure it will be a great presentation and have a lot of fun. Remember “ what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas”. Good luck with the presentation, I can’t wait to see how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment