Friday, August 26, 2011

Week 3 Publishing / Leadership: Thinking Out Loud 2


Week 3 Publishing / Leadership: Thinking Out Loud 2

                                                 Nate Stemple doing a signal flag presentation
                                                 Photo by Richard Stemple

After going through many, many journals I am finding that publishing may not be the best option for me. The ABA Journal’s, Behavioral Journals, and Speech and Technology Journals either want empirical data that has been gathered over months or have guidelines that restrict me from doing research at the same place where I work (a conflict of interest). The educational journals either had too many written requirements and no room for multimedia data or my research simply did not apply to their specific journal. I am now looking for a conference to present my findings. As a teacher, performer, and a professional musician I do not know why I did not think of this sooner. There are several conferences that look promising. There is the annual ABA Conference that my place of employment often makes presentations at and there are several educational conferences within the area (New England) that look promising.  If anybody knows of any educational conferences within the New England area feel free to post it on this blog. Any and all help is welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment