Thursday, August 25, 2011

Response to Heidi's Wk4: Publishing Leadership Project:


Heidi Faber wrote:
Wk4: Publishing_Leadership Project:

My plan for presenting my project involves two educational technology conferences. I initially wanted to apply for the Project Based Learning Conference or the National Art Education Association’s National Conference because my literature review and CBR project focused on art and project based learning projects to inspire motivation. However, these two conferences were closed to applications. I decided to turn to educational technology conferences because my ideas included a high amount of technology to supplement the lessons.
My first choice is the Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education (SITTE) whose next conference will be held in Austin, TX in 2012. Topics appropriate for this conference that coincide with my CBR include: Digital Storytelling, New Possibilities with Information Technologies, Arts & Interdisciplinary Education, English Education, and Teaching with Technology: Engaging Students through 21st Century Learning. I chose this conference because it’s topics encompass my CBR project and I felt it was the best option available to share my work.
My second choice is the Kentucky Society for Technology in Education (KYSTE) whose next conference will be March 7-9, 2012. This conference’s theme is “Connect, Collaborate, Change.” They are looking for presentations, which support technology as an education change agent, through connection and collaboration. I chose this conference because that is what I was trying to accomplish with my CBR was to use the knowledge I gained in the EMDT program and find a way to change and improve education to better engage and motivate students.


                                                            Photo by Richard Stemple
Response
Great blog and what a great idea, I wish you were presenting a little further to the north east so I can take a road trip to see your presentation. Austin Texas is a lot of fun, they have great music, great clubs and bars, and from what I hear a fabulous art scene, I hope you get a chance to present their. Louisville Kentucky is nice but I’m not sure where your presentation in Kentucky will be, but it should be a lot of fun as well. I look forward to catching up with you in a few weeks. Hope you have a great first week of school.

No comments:

Post a Comment