Friday, August 26, 2011

Week 3 Publishing / Leadership: Thinking Out Loud1


Week 3 Publishing / Leadership: Thinking Out Loud1


                                                            Noah Stemple on an iPod Touch
                                                            Photo by Richard Stemple

It is difficult to imagine that I am almost finished with the CBR (Challenged Based Research) project and the EMDT program at Full Sail University. Since I work with children with special needs, specifically children with severe autism, I thought it would be great to base my CBR project on something that would benefit me and my students. My project turned out to be.. Motivation. How to motivate my students and staff to use the communication device is more? The students require 100% supervision and sometimes full physical help to move and communicate. Technology has advanced so much that instead of using pictures and a picture book to communicate, students can now use an iPod Touch or a Dyna Vox to communicate. However students and staff are sometimes reluctant to use these devices in the classroom, at the residence
 (where the students live), and out in the community. I think it would be great to publish the results of  my CBR project in either an ABA Journal, Behavioral Journal, a Speech and Technology Journal, or an Educational Journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment