Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Response to Cheryl's Week 2 Reading


Cheryl’s post

This picture depicts this weeks reading exactly as I interpret it.  Life is what we make of it.  We choose the direction.  There were many things in the reading that I enjoyed.  I loved how the author described success and failure as a two sided coin, but if we choose contribution instead, it is a one sided coin and therefore a win-win situation for all.  I also loved the wording well heeled and down at the heel. I had never heard that before.  It must be the way that other countries describe the highs and lows of life.  Something else that would do us all good to remember is to "engage people in your passion for life", and "don't speak to cynicism, but to passion" (Art of Possibility).  I try to envision a world where there was no cynicism, only passion for life, and it is definitely a mind blower! The thought of giving all students an A the first day of class was awesome! Can you even begin to imagine the look on a bunch of kids faces the first day you handed out all A's? Talk about a jaw dropping experience! The thought of throwing your arms up in the air and exclaiming "how fascinating" when you make a mistake is also cute.  All in all, I think that this weeks reading had the intended effect on me.  It got me thinking, and at just the right time. School is beginning and this was a great reminder that life is all a story, and it is all in the way we choose to tell it! Have a great day!


                                                          Photo by Richard Stemple. Nate Stemple waiting for the school bus in 2007


Response

Cheryl, great insight and what a positive attitude.  I like the picture you chose as well, because the right path is not necessarily the road you are on.This is the time that I miss regular classroom teaching, the first day of school and the excitement of all the teachers and children. I also cannot believe that our program is coming to an end. I’m sad that we will not be able to meet on a weekly basis, however I am optimistic about the future. Everyone in this EMDT  class are amazing teachers and exceptional individuals, I hope we will all be able to keep in touch in the future especially in the new digital age.

No comments:

Post a Comment